Alpha... 3? posted

You can download the latest alpha from itch.io:

https://reefpirate.itch.io/terminal-dominions

Now that I'm using itch.io's butler to upload alpha builds I've reached a bit of a dilemma about version numbers. By old numbers this would be Alpha 116, but itch.io is keeping its own version numbers for each build I push. I'm tempted to use itch.io's numbers just to keep things more consistent, making this Alpha 3. Let's go with Alpha 3.



Change log:

- Added a few new sound effects for clicking around in the UI, and also for ship explosions, earning credits and launching missiles.
- Cleaned up the Contracts system a little bit, both in presentation and in mechanics. The only user-adjusted variable on Contracts is now number of ships. Previously players could specify radius, rewards, and number of ships but I found it was really slowing down the whole process of posting contracts which is pretty central to the whole game loop.

Comments